Ingredients (Makes around 14):
1/2 Cup Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1/4 Cup Oats
2 tbsp Ground Almonds
1 tbsp Nut Butter
1-2 tbsp Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1tsp of Almond Milk or Water
Handful of Dark Chocolate Chips
- This recipe is very simple you just want to add all the ingredients into a food processor apart for the milk and chocolate chips. Blend until you get a smooth paste. You may need to wipe the sides down with a spatula every so often.
- The mix may seem a little dry, this is where you want to add the teaspoon of milk or water. Give it another blend and if it still seems dry add a little more. You don't want to add too much or it will become too wet to roll into balls.
- Now you should have a dough like mixture, this is when you want to add your chocolate chips. You want roughly a handful, you can add a few more if you want the bites to be extra chocolately.
- Now you can roll the dough into balls. The mix should make roughly 14 balls depending on the size you make them.
- Once you've done this you want to pop them in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour to set. You could also pop them in the freezer so they set quickly and would make a great frozen treat.
So that's it! It's really that simple. If you've not used chickpeas in sweet things before maybe up the sweetener a little until you get used to the flavour. You could even add some cocoa powder to make them have a great chocolate taste. They're definitely not as sugary sweet and real cookie dough but a lot healthier and less likely to spike your blood sugar. Let me know if you try these and what are your favourite cookie flavours?