INGREDIENTS: (Makes 10-12 Cookies)
- 1 cup Oat Flour (Just put some oats in a food processor for a minute)
- 1/4 cup Ground Almonds
- 1/2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Mashed Banana
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2-3 Dates Chopped (Medjool works best)
2. Melt your coconut oil on the hob or in the microwave. Once melted let cool for a little while whilst you mix the other ingredients.
3. In a large mixing bowl and combine your dry ingredients; the oat floor, ground almonds, chia seeds and baking powder.
4. Add in your wet ingredients to the dry; the mashed banana, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract and combine until a dough forms. The mix will feel a little wet combine to normal cookie dough. If it feels too wet add a tablespoon of flour at a time if it won't combine.
5. Once everything is mixed together you can now add your chopped dates and the chocolate chips and give a good mix so they're evenly combined.
7. Now place the trays into the oven and bake for around 10-12 minutes until the cookies are slightly golden brown on the edges. You don't want to overcook these, instead you want them to be soft in the middle.
9. Once they've cooled you can enjoy them! They will keep in an air-tight container for around 4-5 days, that's if you can keep them around for that long.
I'm trying to perfect a few more tasty treats, including some healthy peanut butter cups so keep an eye out for those recipes in the future. What is your favourite cookie recipe?